Christmas tree lightings and a wreath lighting are planned around the Coachella Valley next week, starting Sunday.
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: Sunday, 5:30 p.m. at the tram's Mountain Station, 1 Tram Way. "Bionic Woman" star Lindsay Wagner will serve as the celebrity tree lighter, and the Palm Springs High School Choir will sing.
- Desert Hot Springs: Tree lighting Sunday, 6 p.m. at the corner of Palm Drive and Pierson Boulevard.
- Palm Springs: Tree lighting Thursday, 5:15 p.m. in Frances Stevens Park, 555 N. Palm Canyon Drive. City officials and luminaries, entertainer Carol Channing and Dinah Shore weekend founder Mariah Hanson will be on hand, and there will be caroling by the Raymond Cree Middle School choir residents, a visit from Santa Claus on a fire truck and free cookies and hot chocolate. Attendees are encouraged to bring canned goods for the city's annual food drive, and the first 50 residents who bring used Christmas lights for recycling will get free energy-efficient lights.
- Cathedral City: Tree lighting Thursday, 6 p.m. in Town Square outside City Hall, 68-700 Avenida Lalo Guerrero. There will be music and an appearance by Santa Claus.
- Indio: Tree lighting Thursday, 6 p.m. outside City Hall, 100 Civic Center Mall. There will be singing by local students and an appearance by Santa Claus.
- Palm Desert: Wreath lighting next Friday, 5:30 p.m. outside the Civic Center, Fred Waring Drive and San Pablo Avenue. There will be caroling, children's activities and a visit from Santa.
- La Quinta: Tree lighting next Friday, 6 p.m. in Old Town, 78100 Main St.
— City News Service