A blood drive is planned for a local organization that supplies a half dozen local hospitals and medical centers, officials announced.
The blood drive supporting Desert Blood Services-- a collaboration between LifeStream and Community Blood Bank will be held in Palm Desert on Feb. 17.
Desert Springs Church will play host:
- Where: Desert Springs Church
- Address: 43435 Monterey Ave., Palm Desert
- Date: Sunday, Feb. 17
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Donors receive (while supplies last) a free, single-day general admission ticket ($9 value) to the 2013 Riverside County Fair and National Date Festival, Feb. 15-24 at the fairgrounds in Indio. Donors also receive points that may be redeemed in the online donor store at www.desertbloodservices.org.
Healthy individuals at least 15 years of age may donate blood. (Those 15 and 16 years of age must provide Desert Blood Services with written parental consent. Parent consent forms are available at the La Quinta and Indio donor centers and community drives.) All prospective donors should be free of infections or illness, weigh at least 110 pounds, and not be at risk for AIDS or hepatitis. Donors receive a free mini-physical as part of the donation process.
According to their website, Desert Blood Services supports the following agencies:
- Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs
- Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage
- JFK Memorial Hospital, Indio
- Hi-Desert Medical Center, Joshua Tree
- Palo Verde Hospital, Blythe
- Robert E. Bush Naval Hospital, Twentynine Palms
For more information, call 760-777-8844.