The Palm Desert Police Department conducted a warrant sweep from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday to arrest habitual DUI offenders with active warrants for their arrest.
"These DUI warrant operations are being conducted to prevent the tragedy associated with the violent crime of drunk or drugged driving," the police department said in a statement.
Of 23 different people sought, 10 were taken into custody, among them 8 Palm Desert residents. 2 of the 10 were cited and released.
- Chase A. Wilson, 22, of Palm Desert
- Maverick James Keeran, 25, of Palm Desert
- Justine Maglione, 19, of Palm Desert
- Machael Rouzan, 26, of Palm Desert
- Craig Murrell, 49, of Palm Desert
- Emily Bannister Mercado, 46, of Palm Desert
- Cesar Arthur Rojas, 53, of Palm Desert
- Sherry Mae Owens, 62, of Indian Wells