.

Fire Breaks Out at Home Near Bighorn Golf Club

Firefighters were able to quickly contain the Thursday morning blaze to the home's chimney, fire officials said.

Firefighters doused a fire in the chimney of a home in Palm Desert Thursday, a county fire department spokeswoman said.

The fire was reported at approximately 8 a.m. at a two-story house in the 100 block of Chalaka Place, at Bighorn Golf Club, according to Melody Hendrickson of the Riverside County Fire Department.

When fire crews got on scene, they spotted smoke showing throughout the 3,000 square foot home, Hendrickson said.  However, by 9:10 a.m., the fire was contained.

No one was hurt, and the fire was contained to the chimney, Hendrickson said.

gdogncbd2 December 26, 2012 at 09:18 AM
2 story homes need to have their fireplaces checked every year before starting to use during cold months,the burning of cheap grade wood can create a very flammable tar like substance that will stick to the interior and it gets thicker towards the upper section of fireplce where it exits 2nd floor roof line.plus sometimes animals will use them over summer to sleep or raise their offspring since they are safer than being coyote bait .

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »