Eight people were arrested today during a special DUI Operation by the Palm Desert Police Department aimed at getting habitual drunken or drugged drivers off the streets, authorities reported.Members of the Palm Desert Traffic Services Team checked on 31 different locations between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. The team keeps a list DUI drivers who have been arrested and are on probation and use the warrant sweep to locate habitual DUI offenders with active warrants for their arrest, according to Sgt. Dave Adams.
Eight people were arrested and booked into the Riverside County jail in Indio for active DUI warrants.
- Stephen Rory Fields, 30, of Palm Desert
- Carol Elizabeth Holley, 54, of Palm Desert
- Eduardo Lobo Ruiz, 30, of Palm Desert
- Wayne William Hamblin, 33, of Palm Desert
- Dana Marie Ransom, 26, of Palm Desert
- Harrison Chase Urtiaga, 28, of Palm Desert
- Robert Wayne Legarreta, 53, of Palm Desert
- Jelari Willie Johnson, 37, of Palm Desert
Funding for the operations was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.