The Riverside Police Department has set up a fund through its police officers' association that will benefit the family of fallen officer Mike Crain.
Crain, who lived in Beaumont, was killed in the line of duty on Feb. 7. Murder charges have been filed against rogue former LAPD cop Christopher Dorner, who has become the target of a massive manhunt in California after his suspected involvement not only in this crime, but in the shootings of an Irvine couple on Super Bowl Sunday.
Crain will be laid to rest Wednesday, and thousands of law enforcement personnel from across the Southland- and beyond- are expected to be in attendance.
"The men and women of the Riverside Police Department would like to thank the community for their support during this difficult time," RPD Lieutenant Guy Toussaint said.
Toussaint said the Riverside Police Officers' Association has set up a fund that will help Crain's wife Regina, 10-year-old son Ian and 4-year-old daughter Kaitlyn.
"Such donations will be provided to the family through the Riverside Police Officers Association in order to assist the family with the many financial needs they will undoubtedly face," Toussaint added.
The fund, which has already received numerous donations according to the Association, will take checks sent to the following:
Riverside Police Officers Association Assistance Fund or RPOA
1965 Chicago Ave, Suite B
Riverside, California 92507
- DORNER UPDATE: Residents Asked to Check Security Cameras for Fugitive
- Murder Charges Filed Against Chris Dorner in Beaumont Man's Death
- $1 Million-Plus Reward Offered For Dorner's Capture
- MANHUNT: Reward For Information Leading to Dorner Capture
- MANHUNT: Search For Rogue Former Cop Continues
- How the Events Surrounding Christopher Dorner Unfolded
- Patch Exclusive: Photos of Shot-up Riverside Police Cruiser
- Winter Storm Warning for Mountains Where Dorner Search is Under Way
- DORNER MANIFESTO: Rogue Officer Posted His Plan for 'Last Resort' Online
- BREAKING NEWS: Watch the Police Dorner Press Conference Live
- Suspect Identified in the Slayings of Former Walnut High Athlete and Her Fiance