.

UPDATE: Palm Desert Hotel Fire Caused $8 Million in Damages, Cause Determined

It took crews about four hours Monday to bring the blaze at the Marriott Fairfield Inn at 72300 Highway 111 under control.

A three-alarm blaze that caused $8 million in damage to a Palm Desert hotel and left one firefighter injured was caused by a malfunction in rooftop electrical equipment, the Riverside County Fire Department reported Tuesday.

It took crews about four hours to bring the blaze at the Marriott Fairfield Inn at 72300 Highway 111 under control. A firefighter was transported to a hospital with unspecified injuries.

The hotel's 35 occupied rooms and 16 employees were all evacuated safely. The hotel is currently uninhabitable, county fire spokeswoman Jody Hagemann said.

More than 100 firefighters from the county, Cal Fire, Palm Springs and Cathedral City responded to the blaze about noon Monday.

Click here to see video from the fire via KESQ.



– City News Service.



Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »