The City of Palm Desert is hoping to speed up the permit process for homeowners and contractors with the opening of it's Quick Permit Service Center, inside City Hall.
According to City Spokesman David Hermann, the center "provides an easy, one stop option for help with the review of development projects, building plans, answers to inspections questions, as well as on-the-spot permitting for a variety of projects."
The Quick Permit Service Center offers help with:
- Project assistance and information from City experts on Building, Planning, Enginering, Landscape, Fire Safety and Code Compliance
- Permitting History for buildings and projects
- Permit applications for land use, construction, demolition and encroachment
- Business licenses for contractors wanting to do business in Palm Desert
- Permits for minor projects including: temporary uses, window replacement, re-roofing, walls, water heaters, HVAC equipment replacement, signs, and others.
The Quick Permit center is open Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon in the Development Services area at City Hall. City staffers will continue to be available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays to provide assitance and answer questions.
"Anyone who is thinking about starting a project in Palm Desert is encouraged to come to City Hall for early davice that could save time and money," Hermann said.
For more info, phone the City's Building, Planning or Engineering departments at 760-346-0611.