The following was submitted for publication by CSUSB Palm Desert:
The nursing department at Cal State San Bernardino’s Palm Desert Campus will host a health fair on Saturday, May 4, from 9 a.m. to noon, in the campus’s Palm Desert Health Sciences Building.
The goals of this free health fair are:
- to bring together healthcare providers, health-related organizations and residents of the Coachella Valley
- raise awareness of disease prevention and treatment
- educate the public on achieving and maintaining healthy lifestyles
- reinforce the actions of individuals who are already practicing healthy behaviors
- deliver up-to-date preventive health information
“This health fair is a great opportunity for people of all ages within our community,” said Paula Spencer, a nursing instructor at the campus. “We will have the nursing students seeking a bachelor’s degree at the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus, along with other local healthcare partners, coming together to offer health screenings, information and education on a wide array of topics, specifically chosen to meet the needs of the people of the Coachella Valley.”
Confirmed vendors include: Desert AIDS Project, Lifestream, FIND Food Bank, WIC, Desert Women for Equality/Susan G. Komen for the Cure, SchockenAwe Fitness and Clinicas de Salud del Pueblo, Inc.
Admission is free and parking will be paid by Friends of the Palm Desert Campus. The CSUSB Palm Desert Campus is located at 37-500 Cook St., in Palm Desert.
Attendees are encouraged to bring non-perishable foods to be donated to FIND Food Bank.
The fair is co-sponsored the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus, the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus Nursing Department and the Coyote Nurses of the Desert.
For more information about the health fair, contact Ana Mata at email@example.com.