Here are the basics*:
- Time Warner Cable's 10th annual 'best moms' contest launched this week
- Entries need to be submitted by March 3
- Open to students in grades 4 through 12 in the Coachella Valley, Beaumont, Banning and Morongo Basin
- 25 'best moms' will be selected based on essays or videos submitted by students
- Top 3 entries will get SONY Xperia Tablet and $250 for their teacher for classroom items.
The following was submitted for publication by Time Warner Cable.
Time Warner Cable has announced the launch of the 2013 Best Moms contest and the unveiling of a new “Best Moms” website.
The annual contest, now in its tenth year, provides local children the opportunity to celebrate the qualities that make their moms special, earning the families well-deserved recognition for Mother’s Day.
Time Warner Cable’s Best Moms Contest invites 4th through 12th grade students in the Coachella Valley, Beaumont, Banning and Morongo Basin areas to share their stories by submitting an essay or short video on what makes their mom the “Best Mom.”
New this year is the launch of TWCBestMoms.com, a website that provides all contest details, and offers an easy method of submission.
“All of us at Time Warner Cable look forward to receiving the heartfelt tributes from our local youngsters about their moms. Whether students submit by essay or video, we hope this contest allows them to recognize the amazing efforts of their mothers or the mother figure in their lives,” said Milinda Martin, Vice President of Communications for Time Warner Cable.
With the launch of the www.TWCBestMoms.com website, entering is easier than ever, and allows our students to utilize and enhance their technology skills. As a firm supporter of STEM initiatives, Time Warner Cable welcomes every opportunity to build a stronger and brighter tomorrow for these students and their moms.
The Best Moms contest is part of Time Warner Cable’s “Connect a Million Minds,” the company’s five-year, $100 million initiative to inspire the next generation of problem solvers by connecting young people to the wonders of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). The Time Warner Cable Best Moms Contest encourages students to tell their personal stories using basic STEM skills such as computer literacy and introductory video production.
Time Warner Cable’s Best Moms Contest Details:
- Electronic entries will be accepted Feb. 8 - March 8, 2013. All entries must be uploaded to www.TWCBestMoms.com.
- Judges, made up of local VIP’s and Time Warner Cable employees, will select up to 25 “Best Moms” winners based on the student entries’ creativity, style and content
- One winner from each school level will receive a new Sony Tablet and the winning students’ teachers will receive a $250 gift card for classroom supplies
- Each Best Mom and her participating student will be honored at a special luncheon on Mother’s Day Weekend, Saturday, May 11th, where they will receive an award and gifts generously donated by sponsors throughout the Desert Cities
For complete details or to enter the Time Warner Cable Best Moms Contest, visit www.TWCBestMoms.com.
*This contest is in no way affiliated with Patch.com.